Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Halifax to Ottawa



This was a busy weekend for warming, with three festivals screening it, none of which I was able to attend, unfortuantely. I was in town for the Atlantic Film Fest, but left for the Ottawa International Animation Festival (which warming got rejected from) on the morning that my film screened in Halifax. It was kind of sad, but I got to enjoy a week of some great films beforehand as well as in Ottawa.

Some of the highlights for me in Halifax were the two frame x frame animation screenings (many of which were repeated at the Ottawa festival, so it was a treat to see some of them twice or more), finally getting to see Paprika which I had missed by a few days in Vancouver, and seeing the Canadian and Atlantic shorts (I also saw an International Shorts screening but it wasn't as strong, I felt).

In Ottawa my favourites were Madame Tutli-Putli, Zhadarkha (I know I'm spelling that wrong, but it was an AMAZING children's cut-out animation), Sainte-Barne, (again, I can't remember the exact title but it was an NFB co-production done in stopmotion), and too many others to list. My big dissapointment was not getting to see Persepolis which I had really been looking forward to, but the weekend made up for it with great short films, fun times with friends, and crazy side trips to a ghost walk (CREEPY) and the national gallery.

So the news for warming right now is that it got into the Beirut DocuDays Documentary festival in Lebanon, where it will screen in the beginning of November. So far I've gotten about half my submissions accepted to festivals and half rejected, which seems like a pretty fair balance to me.

1 comment:

winstonfilms said...

Whoa @@ ... You are really UP To Date with this blog ~!! Congradulations to so many film festivals you are already in!