Saturday, July 22, 2006

july 14 - 20

A new batch of mostly scribbles!

july 14:
A monoprint that I made as a demo for a class I was teaching at my work. Fiddled around with in Photoshop. I've never done much printmaking, so this was fun and I may do more of this kind of thing!


july 15 and 16:
the local river city shakespeare company put on delightful performances of hamlet and taming of the shrew this year. I always adore their costumes (designed by narda mccarroll for as long as I've been seeing them), so I'll usually bring along the ol' sketchbook to doodle some while they perform. I meant to fancy these up a bit, but ....oh, well.


july 17:
obviously from the same inspiration as the previous day, I doodled these while at an art workshop run by my good friend jordyn. I was really tired for some reason that day.




july 18:
yeah, so this week turned into "week of vests and hats". A doodle while I was learning about my chinese zodiac signs (ox/snake/rooster, though the last two don't seem to fit).


july 19-20:
I did eleven of these portraits altogether, for the programme for the production of 'the green room' which will be premiereing at the athabasca fringe festival tomorrow at 9pm, and then at the edmonton fringe later on. http://gnomadicartists.com




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Captain Green Vest is fantastic!